Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter 2010 GeneaBloggers Games

GeneaBloggers announced today the beginning of the Winter 2010 Games. Since I just started blogging less than two months ago, I wasn't around to participate in the 2008 Summer Games so I'm excited. If you want to know all the details about these games, check out the GeneaBloggers site.

Before the games begin, all participants are required to create their own personal flag (representing their heritage) for the opening ceremony. Here's mine.




Why did I combine the flags of the United States, Great Britain and France? Many of my ancestors have been in the USA since it was just a few colonies, most of those colonists came from England (at least most of the ones whose country of origin I've been able to identify) and my family just determined last year that our grandfather's ancestors originated in France. [This flag was created at We Are Multicolored.]


The games officially start tomorrow. I'll be back later to talk about the events I'll enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment