Sunday, March 14, 2010

This Week In The Family History - March 14-20

15 Mar 1813 (197 years ago) - William Washington Lanier was born in Jasper County, Georgia. [2nd great-grandfather, Lanier Line]

15 Mar 1910 (100 years ago) - John T. Bennett died in Morgan County, Alabama. [2nd great-grandfather, Lanier Line]

16 Mar 1814 (196 years ago) - David Gamble and Anna Finney were married in Laurensville, Laurens County, South Carolina. [3rd great-grandparents, Lanier Line]

17 Mar 1968 (42 years ago) - Emma Jane Owens Taylor died in Mt. Vernon, Rockcastle County, Kentucky. [great-grandmother, Taylor Line]

20 Mar 1766 (244 years ago) - Winefred Mullins was born (location unknown). [4th great-grandmother, Taylor Line]

2 comments:

  1. Any Scarborough clan to mix with those Laniers?? I have a William Lanier that marries a Adeline Scarborough. She born ca 1855, believe around Bulloch County Georgia. I have done NO research on them, huge hole in the data base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I've only been working the Laniers since last year when we finally proved that was my grandfather's real surname. From what little I know, I think the Bulloch County Laniers are fairly distantly related to my bunch who were in the Chambers/Randolph, AL area before 1840.

    There is a Lanier book by Louise Ingersoll at (our favorite place) Ancestry and it has your Adeline & Wm on page 77 http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/BookView.aspx?dbid=19591&pageno=77. I'm not sure how accurate the book is but I've used it as a starting point and so far what little I've verified has held up.

    ReplyDelete