Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Countdown to Atlanta Family History Expo - My Schedule


Atlanta Family History Expo starts on Friday and it seems like I've spent hours studying the schedule and wavering deciding on which sessions to attend. Since there are so many choices I tend to change my mind about something every time I look at the program. Well, time's up. I'm not looking anymore (at least not until I get there). I know I haven't left enough time for the Exhibit Hall and the Beacon of Bloggers booth but I'm going to play that by ear. At some point I'm bound to have information overload and need to skip a session.

For now, my schedule looks like this:

Friday:
8:00 - Opening Keynote Address - Let Your Light Shin on Digital Expectations: Preserving Yesterday's Records for Tomorrow's Researchers - Joshua Hanna

10:00 - Finding Your Female Ancestors - Lisa Alzo

11:30 - Juicy Family  History: 25 Ways to Write Compelling True Stories - M. Bridget Cook

1:30 - Want Land? Will Travel! Southern Land Records State-by-State - Arlene Eakle

3:00 - Creating the Perfect Biography That Even Non-Relatives will Want to Read! - M. Bridget Cook

4:30 - Maiden Names: Did You Really Look Everywhere? - Jennifer Dondero

6:30 - Friday Night Event - Handling (and Even Healing) the Skeletons in Your Genealogical Closet - M. Bridget Cook

Saturday
8:00 - Breaking Down Brick Walls with Location Based Genealogy - Bernie Gracy

9:00 - Social Media Q and A

11:00 - Digital Photography for the Family Historian - Andy Pomeroy

1:00 - The DAR Library for All: Near or Far, Member or Not - Jennifer Dondero

2:30 - What is "The South" and Why Is It Different - Arlene Eakle

4:00 - Closing Keynote - Kiss Those Brick Walls Good-bye! Research Success Stories - Holly T. Hansen

I hope I still have enough energy left for all that research I've got planned for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. 


2 comments: