Thursday, June 30, 2011

Those Places Thursday - Kentucky State Capitol Building

This is the 4th Kentucky State Capitol building. It opened in 1910 and replaced the previous one built in 1830, which still stands in downtown Frankfort.

I lived in Frankfort for over 20 years so it still feels like home when I visit even though I moved away several years ago. 







Since I was killing time waiting for the archives to open, I didn't have enough time to go inside. I will save that for another day. 

It may look like I'm touring historic sites in Kentucky but I'm actually trying to learn how to use my new camera before I take it on a cruise in a few months. The historic sites just happen to be handy and make good photo ops. Since some of my ancestors were in Kentucky by the time it became a state in 1792 and others shortly after that, Kentucky's history is my family's history. 


All photos © 2011 Linda McCauley.

1 comment:

  1. Love these photos, and especially your hanging flowers.

    ReplyDelete