Monday, August 8, 2011

Countdown to FGS 2011 - Wednesday's Schedule

Only 29 more days until FGS 2011!

Things get started on Wednesday, September 7 with Society Day. Choosing which sessions to attend at a conference is always a challenge for me. Usually more than one draws my attention in every time slot which is why I study the program and settle on a tentative schedule before leaving home. If I had to decide everything on the fly, I might end up standing in the hallway with my head spinning around.

This is my schedule for Wednesday:
8:30-9:15 – Plenary Session: How Will Our Society Survive? Do We Alter, Mutate, Modify, Shift or Switch – David Rencher, AG, CG, FIGRS, FUGA

9:30-10:30 – But It’s My Family: Copyright Issues for Genealogists – Cath Madden Trindle, CG 

11:00-12:00 – 21st Century Marketing Techniques for Genealogists/Genealogical Societies – Thomas MacEntee

2:00-3:00 – Effective Editing and Writing – Pamela Boyer Sayre, CG, CGL

I’m leaving the rest of the afternoon open for now. If I don’t have time to visit the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library on Tuesday I’ll probably do that Wednesday afternoon. Plus I don't want to burn out too soon. This is a four day event and I tend to get information overload if I don't take a few breaks from sessions.

The full conference schedule is available on the FGS website as is a brief bio for each speaker. Don't forget, Saturday, August 20 is the last day to pre-register or purchase tickets for events, luncheons and workshops. 


Disclosure: I am an Official Blogger for FGS 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment