Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wedding Wednesday - Delinda Weeks and Elisha Shaw


Delinda Weeks and Elisha Shaw were issued a marriage license on 10 Mar 1831 in Pope County, Illinois. They were married there by Justice of the Peace, J. H. Smith three days later on 13 Mar. Delinda was the daughter of Nehemiah Younger and the widow of James Weeks.

State of Illinois
Pope County
The People of the State of Illinois to any per
son authorized by the Laws of said State to solemnize the
rites of matrimony, Greeting: You are hereby authorized li
cenced and permitted to join together as husband and wife
in the bands of holy wedlock, agreably to the ceremonies on
such occasions observed Mr Elisha Shaw and Mrs Delinda
Weaks widow both of lawfull age
And this Shall be your warrant for so doing.
In testimony where of I Charles Dunn Clerk of
the County Commissioners Court in and for the said
County of Pope in the State of Illinois, have hereto
Let my hand and affixed my private seal (there
being no public one) in my office at Golconda this
10th day of March A.D. 1831
Charles Dunn, Clk C. C. C. P.C.

State of Illinois
Pope County
I J. H. Smith an acting Justice of
the peace in and for the County aforesaid, do certify
that on the 13th day of March 1831 I solemnized the
rites of matrimony between Elisha Shaw and De
linda Weeks agreably to ceremonies on such occasions
observed. Given under my hand & seal this 15th March
1831
J. H. Smith J.P.


Delinda Younger and her first husband, James Weeks, were my 4th great-grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment