Monday, October 8, 2012

Amanuensis Monday - Will of James Fox

The will of James Fox was proven in December 1812 in Hopkins County, Kentucky.




Transcription:

State of Kentucky Hopkins County June
the 22 1811 In the name of God amen
I James Fox of the County and State afore
& being faire advanced in years but in
perfect mind and memory thanks be to God
for it and calling to mind that it is appoint
ed for all men onst to dy I do make con
stitute and ordain this my last will and
Testament that is to say first of all I recom
mend my sole to God that Gave it & my
body to be buried in a desent christian manner
at the descretion of my surviving friends mak
ing no doubt but at the general reseurrection I
shall receive the same again
Secondly I give and bequeath to my daughter
Elizabeth Fox all my land and stock of
all and household furniture farming tools
and all property whatever remaining at the
time of my decease and I do hereby renounce
all other wills ??????? or bequeth whatever where
unto I have set my hand & fixed my seal
the day and date above written and I do
heareby constitute my two sons Titus Fox & Allin
Fox my Executors to this my last will & Testa
ment

James Fox senr[his mark]

Test Ebenezer Bourland
James Fox Daniel Fox

Hopkins County December Term 1812
This Instrument of writing was exhibited
into Court and proven to be the last will and
Testament of James Fox senr deceased by the
oath of Ebenezer Bourland James Fox &
Daniel Fox subscribing witness thereto and or
dered to be recorded

A Copy Att Sam Woodson Clk


Source: Hopkins County, Kentucky, Will of James Fox, Will Book 1, pg 96 & 97; “Kentucky Probate Records, 1792-1977”, digital images, Family Search (www.familysearch.org : accessed 1 October 2012).


No comments:

Post a Comment