Monday, February 11, 2013

Amanuensis Monday: Will of Henry Goodloe

The will of Henry Lewis Goodloe was written on 2 Jul 1856 and proven in Hopkins County, Kentucky Court on 11 Aug 1856.


I Henry Goodloe being of Sound Mind in the Name of Almighty
God do make this my last will and Testament in the presence of
witnesses towit
First I give and bequeath to My Beloved wife Elizabeth Goodloe Four
hundred dollars to be hers during her Natural Life and after her death
to go to My Son Henry L Goodloe I also give and bequeath to My Said
wife all My household and kitchen Furniture of Every description to be
used by her as she May think proper
Second I give and bequeath to My Son Henry L Goodloe My Late farm
and all the land I own to be for his use and benefit and to his heirs or
assigns forever the Same having been deeded to him heretofore
third It is my will and desire that My Executors herein after named
after My decease do Sell either privately or publickly as they may
deem best all the residue of My property of every description and the
proceeds arising from the Sale thereof to be divided Equally between
My Seven children not mentioned above Towit Thomas K Goodloe Nancy
Yates heirs Lucy Pritchett Polly Yates John E Goodloe Eliza Ann Hall
and June [sic] Davis Said Funds to be fir their use and benefit during
their Natural Lives and after their death to their children forever
Fourth it is my will and desire that My Son Thomas K Goodloe act
as agent for My wife in the investment of the Money Left to her
Fifth and Last I do hereby nominate constitute and appoint My Two sons
Thomas K and Henry L Goodloe Executors to the My Last will and Testament
and request them to carry the Same into effect according to the Spirit
and intention of the Same
In Testimony where of I have hereunto Subscribed My Name and affixed
My Seal in the presence of Witnesses the 2nd day of July A D 1856
Henry Goodloe his mark
Signed and Sealed in presence
W C Dimmett
J A Nisbet


Kentucky
Hopkins County
August County Court
11 August 1856
I Orlean Bishop Clerk of the County Court fir the County aforesaid do Certify
that this writing purporting to be the last will and testament of Henry Goodloe was
this day produced in court and proven to be Such last will and testament by the
Oaths of W C Dimmett & J A Nisbet Subscribing witnesses thereto and ordered to be
recorded where upon the Said writing together with this certificate hath been
duly recorded accordingly
Orlean Bishop clk

 
Source: Hopkins County, Kentucky, Henry Goodloe, Will Book 8, pgs 372-373; "Kentucky Probate Records, 1792–1977," digital images, Family Search (www.familysearch.org : accessed 15 January 2012).

No comments:

Post a Comment